Here at William Hill Casino Club we want you to enjoy your online gambling experience. We work with our regulators and with gambling charities in an attempt to offer a range of control tools that those who are experiencing difficulties may use.
Remember though that whilst gambling operators can provide tools with which an individual can control their gambling, the operator cannot assume all responsibility for exercising that control. There has to be a large element of personal responsibility. Use the tools we offer or, if you think you will try to circumvent them, please do seek advice from a specialist gambling charity.
Throughout this section we offer you guidelines & instructions on how to monitor your, a family member's or a friend's gambling to ensure that it does not become an problem.
Choose from the sections below by clicking on the titles, or if you are unsure what information you would like simply scroll down the page.
We offer a comprehensive guide with several options on how to support someone with a gambling issue and how to manage it.
The following questions can be considered by the individual themselves or by their friend or family:
- Do you stay away from work or college to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from problems in your life (boredom, unhappy home life etc.)?
- If you run out of money when you're gambling do you feel lost and in despair, and want to find money to gamble again as soon as possible?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or pay gambling debts?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even if it is for your bus fare home or for food?
- Are you getting into debt because of your gambling?
- Have others ever criticised your gambling?
- Are you reluctant to spend 'gambling money' on anything else?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or other pastimes?
- Do you put gambling before your family and other loved ones?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble more?
- Do you feel depressed or suicidal because of your gambling?
The more you or your friend/family member answers 'yes' to these questions, the more likely it is that you or they may have a gambling problem.
Gambling problems can be far reaching and can have a significant impact on people's lives. If you want to seek help and advice on how to manage your levels of gambling we recommend that you contact the gambling charities below:
|For languages in addition to English:|
- Establish limits for purchasing, wagering and even losses before you start gambling.
- Set a Deposit Limit on your account (click here for more details)
- Set yourself a time limit before you start gambling and stick to it by setting an alarm
- Don't let gambling interfere with your daily life; ensure you have completed all of your daily responsibilities before you start gambling.
- Do not turn to gambling as an alternative source of income or as a way to recoup debt.
- Do not gamble if you are in recovery for any dependency or if you are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance
- For information on how to gamble responsibly and on dealing with gambling problems please visit www.gambleaware.co.uk
If you feel you are beginning to experience difficulty in controlling your level of gambling, we have a number of support mechanisms available:
1. Deposit Limits: allow you to decide how much you can afford to spend on a daily, weekly or monthly basis and stick to it. You can set a limit to as little as £10.00 and our system will not allow you to deposit any more than this amount in one day (24 hours), one week (seven days) or one month (30 days).
Any decrease in the amount you want to allow yourself to deposit will be applied immediately to your account. However if you wish to increase one of your Deposit Limits, you will have to confirm this after a 24 hour cooling off period, during which time you can consider if an increase in your deposit limit is appropriate for you. Once you have confirmed the increase, it will be applied to your account.
We cannot apply Deposit Limits to deposits made by bank transfer.
To change your deposit limit please:
- Log in to your account
- Click on ‘My Info' tab
- Click on ‘Responsible Gaming'
- Go to the Deposit Limits section and then choose the period you wish your limits to apply- Daily, Weekly or Monthly. Then choose the limit amount.
2. Time Out: If you wish to take a short break from gambling, for between one day and 6 weeks, then you can apply a time out to your account.
To set a time out on your account, click on the ‘My Info' tab, followed by Responsible Gaming, and then the Time Out Options section.
Choose the period which you would like to time out from and click on the "Save Time Out" button.
Your account will be re-opened after the time out period is over. If you wish to withdraw your funds during a time out, you can do so by contacting customer support.
3. Self-exclusion: If you feel that the tools available are not working effectively and you want to prevent yourself from gambling completely then Self-exclusion is your best option.
When you Self-exclude with William Hill Casino Club we will close your account for a specified period between 6 months to 5 years and unless you contact us after the Exclusion period has been completed, we will not re-open your account.
Following the end of your Self-exclusion, if you genuinely feel that you are in control of your gambling and are ready to reopen your account you need to contact our Customer Service team who will be able to advise you. A 24 hour cooling off period will also be applied, during which time you can further consider your decision.
4. Session Time Reminders
You can now track how long you have been playing on gaming products by setting a reminder to appear. This will allow you to continue gaming, view your transaction history or exit the game.
William Hill Casino Club takes Responsible Gambling extremely seriously and if you try to open other accounts with us during your period of exclusion we will do our best to detect and close them.
However in the event you do not choose to update us with any changes in your personal information and you manage to open new accounts and place bets, your deposits and any winnings accrued may be retained by us upon detection.
Should you wish to Self-exclude, we strongly recommend that you delete/ uninstall all apps or downloads connected to William Hill Casino Club from your devices.
If you wish to discuss any of these options, please contact our Customer Services team via our live chat or email or by calling +44 203 667 8929.
If you decide to add a Deposit Limit/Account Restriction to your account or to Time out or to Self-exclude we strongly advise you contact any other betting companies you have an account with and do the same.
Over 18s Only:
In the United Kingdom it is illegal for someone who is under 18 years of age to gamble. William Hill Casino Club reserves the right to ask for proof of age from any customer and to carry out checks to verify the information provided.
Customer accounts may be suspended and funds withheld until satisfactory proof of age is provided. The legal gambling age varies according to country and we advise you to carry out local research.
In order to avoid unlawful betting we may undertake a search with a third party for the purpose of verifying that you are 18 or over. William Hill Casino Club would, however, ask that, to prevent potential misuse, you keep your account number, user name and password confidential.
There are a number of third party applications available that parents or guardians can use to monitor or restrict the use of their computer's access to the Internet.
- Net Nanny filtering software protects children from inappropriate
web content: www.netnanny.com
- CYBERsitter filtering software gives parents the opportunity to add certain
sites to block: www.cybersitter.com
There are also a number of companies who provide software which once installed allows you to completely blockindividual computers from accessing gambling internet sites.